If you experience any of the following eye symptoms, you should call the office immediately. If I am out of town, please call the doctor covering my patients immediately. His/her phone number will be left on the outgoing voicemail message.
Eye Danger Symptoms
- Flashing lights/floating black spots, veils or curtains. These can be symptoms of a retinal tear or a retinal detachment, which needs immediate attention.
- Pain/ extreme redness /deceased vision/ light sensitivity. These may have several causes, including infections of the cornea, corneal abrasions, inflammation in the eye and acute glaucoma
- Distorted vision/wavy lines. These can be caused by retina problems, including “wet” macular degeneration.
- In a child under 6 years of age, one eye suddenly turning out, in or up. After an eye turns, it may become “lazy” and will lose vision.
- In a child, a white pupil